For many of us, innovation means giving ideas surprisingly, leading to notable discoveries & achievements. Although, it’s not limited here. Innovation isn’t merely represented by new devices, methods, or ideas, but also by the process of exposing new ways to do things. It can also concern transformation of business models & adaptation to changes to achieve better products & services.
Innovation is never easy. Innovation process requires thinking beyond short-term constraints to how businesses and societies need to do things uniquely in the coming years. Innovation management means assessing external forces that are transforming our world and making progress to predict those needs.
Disruptive innovation is modifying the world’s works. And it’s giving opportunity, but only for those who can keep up with the speed or reinvent themselves to flourish.
New technologies & new ways of doing business are appearing all the time. In such a disrupted environment, you must welcome creativity and innovation, or risk being left behind.
We reside in a world where what worked yesterday doesn’t mean necessarily that it will work tomorrow or next year. That’s why Learn Transformation helps you develop a business strategy that will also work the year after & help you navigate this Transformative Age.
Why Innovation is important and not optional. It is a must. To not only sustain oneself, but boom 10 years from now, companies will need to create businesses & cultures capable of leading the dualism of flawless performance today & innovation for the future. Bring about ideas is only 5% of the challenge. At least 95% of innovation success is based on the capability to execute & bring astonishing things to customers at a fully global scale. This is innovation realized.
Developments come from everywhere these days: in every industry, in multinationals & start-ups, in back-office functions. Innovation technologies are quickly becoming everyone’s responsibility. And with productivity gains fall behind, it’s more important than ever.
Learn Transformation’s Framework
Innovation process is not a “one size fits all” approach. We integrate the correct skills & offerings into a distinct formula to generate a practical innovation solution for you by:
Grasping The Technology
Generating internal awareness around disruptive technology & encouraging a custom of change around innovation and automation.
Accomplish New Ideas
Making a relevant impact on business by allowing new ideas & business models focused on innovation management.
Alliance for Successful Implementation
Working together with other professionals across industry lines & beyond the corporate wall to make room for innovation.
We can help you embrace the innovation you need to reinvent, introduce new products & services to the market, and finally grab the opportunities offered by the new energy world in VUCA.
How to Use Innovation?
In the business world, for the diffusion of innovative idea to be functional, it has to be reproducible without being too costly & it has to sort out a specific need. Innovation is attained by giving something original & is often seen to generate efficiency, driving to an idea that has an outstanding impact on the general society.
Innovation in business doesn’t mean that it will be the next Microsoft or Google with huge public relations behind it. There is a quote from a CIO Magazine article “What Makes Something Innovative?” that reads, “Sometimes it’s those silent performers who can make just as big an impact without having to be obtrusive about it.”
Put differently, just because something is on front-page news doesn’t mean it has more impact. Some companies, ideas & products transform specific aspects of our lives more silently.
WeWork is another innovative concept, giving entrepreneurs a place to work when their home, Starbucks, or the public library won’t do anymore. This company has over 800 locations around the globe.
Sense-T is a clever farming initiative that uses sensor data to improve farming operations. Haven’t you heard of them? Neither had I. But they have a huge impact in the world of sensors & the internet of things.
And Feed Supper revolves around a casual dinner party into a philanthropic event to collect money to buy millions of meals per month for deprived children around the world.
Handpicked for you- Digital Transformation & Marketing
Why Innovation Is Important?
Innovation management is essential in the workplace because it gives companies a boundary in penetrating markets quicker & provides a better connection to developing markets, which can drive to greater opportunities. Innovation can also help develop original concepts while providing the innovator an energetic, confident attitude to take risks & get things done.
If a company includes innovative culture, it’ll rise simply, even though the innovative process isn’t always straightforward. Tried-and-tested methods may be good but trying out new things is a valuable experiment.
A Simple Method for Innovation
- Design Thinking
Design thinking is an agile, constant process for approaching design & innovation in business that focuses on users’ desires & requirements and enables your company to turn as the industry transforms & technology evolves. Design thinking addresses that there isn’t one way to solve a problem. Design thinking methodology inspires experimenting, questioning, innovating & observing in an environment that welcomes various opinions & ideas.
With design thinking, you’ll generate an environment that motivates employees to challenge corporate traditions & eases smart, calculated risks during transformation.
- Design thinking process
There are 4 main phases of design thinking that your team will rotate through while developing solutions & products. In place of a complete instruction to follow, design thinking provides a loose structure that you can interpret as needed for your business requirements.
- Inspiration: This is generally the first phase of the design process during which you will try to understand the problem or opportunity. You’ll want to set up benchmarks, objectives, technology needs, key points of contact, requirements, and how your product will fit into the industry market.
- Empathy: Empathy is possibly one of the most important phases & principles of design thinking and innovation process. When designing products, solutions, hardware, or services you need to openly understand the viewpoint of the client or end-user.
- Ideation: This phase involves generating as many ideas as possible using both divergent & convergent thinking. You’ll alternate between divergent thinking, which includes multiple groups of people who involve in structured brainstorming, and convergent thinking, which zeroes in on the best ideas to choose one to follow through with.
- Implementation & Prototyping: Once you have set up a few of the best ideas, it’s time for modeling & prototyping by making actual products & services that can be tested, evaluated & refined for effective lean transformation.
Design Thinking Benefits
- It can stimulate innovative ideas as your team revolves through the inspiration, ideation & implementation phases, continually striking each cycle more than once as you generate new ideas & explore new solutions. Because most business transformation frameworks & ideologies are worn out into steps, design thinking isn’t meant to be approached in a stiff, orderly manner. You can bounce between cycles & processes as you see fit until the correct solution & design are achieved.
- With the appearance of new technologies, design thinking becomes an important means for modifying these technologies into user-friendly services & products.
- Design thinking welcomes the quick-paced change of technology with a positive viewpoint that observes every possibility. That attitude will be increasingly important as companies find new and exciting ways to make use of appearing technology.
At present, we are writing history. We are living through the most troublesome time we have ever seen, a time when innovation technologies are required more than ever. We need to think one step forward & take this opportunity to revive ourselves. We also need to make this a continuing practice – all of us, from small & midsize businesses to big corporations. Whether you are generating something like face masks & need to reexamine your supply chain management due to high demand, or you’re an events company that requires you to go fully virtual in a single day, this applies to you.
I heartily believe that we will get up from this crisis with a new appreciation for innovation & change. Innovation and automation should be a compulsory component of your daily experience & strategy instead of being regarded as a luxury – especially now.
Why is innovation important in VUCA?
Innovation management is essential in the workplace because it gives companies a boundary in penetrating markets quicker & provides a better connection to developing markets, which can drive to greater opportunities.
Is innovation the key to success?
To not only sustain oneself, but boom 10 years from now, companies will need to create businesses & cultures capable of leading the dualism of flawless performance today & innovation for the future.
- Adopt a continual innovation attitude to adapt and stay ahead in a company environment that is changing quickly.
- Spend money on R&D and allot funds to investigating new technologies, procedures, and business opportunities.
- Establish a culture that encourages and promotes innovation, recognising and fostering innovative projects that will lead to organisational success.