What is Quality control?
Quality Control is a process in which the business ensures that the product quality is maintained as well as improved. It requires a company to create an atmosphere in which both the employees and the management work toward perfection. Further, This is done by training personnel, creating standards for product quality, and verification of the products to check for the significant changes
In addition to this, It involves testing units and determining if they are within the specifications for the final product.
The food industry uses these methods to ensure the customer is satisfied with their products In automobile manufacturing. Furthermore, Quality control focuses on how parts fit together and ensure engines operate smoothly and efficiently. So in various industries, this method is used to determine the quality of their product.
Stress the importance of quality control throughout the organization and give tools for ongoing improvement.
It is an industrial management tool that helps in maintaining the consistently acceptable quality of the product by checking the samples of good produce. So, It plays a crucial role in the total quality management system.
Handpicked for our Leaders: TQM (Total Quality Management) in VUCA World
Benefits of Quality control
- Satisfaction of customers– Customers greatly benefited as they get better quality products on account of quality control.
- Reduction in cost – By using these methods as well as control over production processes in operation. Ceratainly, the production costs are considerably reduced. Thus, Quality control checks production on the inferior products and wastage thereby bringing down. Hence,The cost of the production is reduce.
- Increased sales- It ensures the production of quality products, which is helpful in attracting more customers for products, therefore increasing sales.
- Ensuring compliance with industry standards– It is important to ensure products comply with the standards. So, If making components or subsystems of a certain product, you must meet the quality standards that the lead manufacturer imposes.
- Gaining some goodwill as a company – A company with good quality products is usually proud to talk about. So, They have the confidence that all is well and they don’t need to fear the customer’s complaint.
Handpicked for our Leaders: Difference Between Quality Assurance (QA) and Quality Control (QC). Overview of 7 QC Tools
In order to maintain high product and service standards, use rigorous quality control systems, such as inspections, testing, and corrective measures.
In every industry, whether it is food or automobile quality control is a very important tool. So, It ensures the production of high-quality products by testing the sample of good products. Furthermore, It is helpful for attracting more customers to the industry and increasing sales.
Check out the Video
3 Best Quality Transformation Books
Global Reader’s Click Below:
- Quality Management Demystified
- Quality Management for Organizational Excellence: Introduction to Total Quality
- Total Quality Management: Strategic Planning
India Reader’s Click below:
- A Roadmap for Quality Transformation in Education: A Guide for Local Education Reform Leaders
- Quality Transformation Success Story from StorageTek
- Achieving Excellence in Business: A Practical Guide on the Total Quality Transformation Process: 27 (Quality and Reliability
What are the benefits of quality control?
Satisfaction of customers, Reduction in cost, Increased sales, Ensuring compliance with industry standards, Gaining some goodwill as a company
What are the benefits of quality control in business?
Quality control involves testing units and determining if they are within the specification for the final product.
- Quality control leads to increased product and service quality, meeting or exceeding consumer expectations.
- It lowers the number of defects, rework, and customer complaints, resulting in cost savings and increased operational efficiency.
- Quality control improves brand reputation, customer loyalty, and market competitiveness, resulting in increased business growth and success.